As used in this chapter, except as otherwise defined by specific statute or unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes 432.010
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.4111
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
1. ’Administrator’ means the Administrator of the Division.
2. ’Agency which provides child welfare services’ has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 432B.030.
3. ’Child’ means a person who is less than 18 years of age or who remains under the jurisdiction of a court pursuant to NRS 432B.594.
4. ’Department’ means the Department of Health and Human Services.
5. ’Director’ means the Director of the Department.
6. ’Division’ means the Division of Child and Family Services of the Department.
7. ’Maintenance’ means general expenses for care such as board, shelter, clothing, transportation and other necessary or incidental expenses, or any of them, or monetary payments therefor.
8. ’Special services’ means medical, hospital, psychiatric, surgical or dental services, or any combination thereof.