As used in this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes 556.010
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: means the State Department of Agriculture. See Nevada Revised Statutes 556.010
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.039
1. ’Department’ means the State Department of Agriculture.
2. ’Grower’ means any landowner personally engaged in growing garlic or onions, or a landowner and the landowner’s tenant jointly, and includes a natural person, partnership, association, corporation, cooperative organization, trust, sharecropper and all other business units, devises or arrangements that grow garlic or onions.