|General Provisions||107A.010 – 107A.210|
|Assignment of Rents||107A.220 – 107A.350|
|Miscellaneous Provisions||107A.360 – 107A.370|
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 107A
- Board: means the State Historical Records Advisory Board. See Nevada Revised Statutes 378A.020
- Council: means the Private Activity Bond Council created by NRS 348A. See Nevada Revised Statutes 348A.010
- Counterclaim: A claim that a defendant makes against a plaintiff.
- county: includes Carson City. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.033
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Design-build team: means an entity that consists of:
(a) At least one person who is licensed as a general engineering contractor or a general building contractor pursuant to chapter 624 of NRS; and
(b) For a public work that consists of:
- Director: means the Director of the Department of Business and Industry. See Nevada Revised Statutes 348A.010
- Law enforcement agency: means any agency, office, bureau, department, unit or division created by any statute, ordinance or rule which:
(a) Has a duty to enforce the law; and
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Peace officer: means any person upon whom some or all of the powers of a peace officer are conferred pursuant to NRS 289. See Nevada Revised Statutes 289.010
- population: means the number of people in a specified area as determined by the last preceding national decennial census conducted by the Bureau of the Census of the United States Department of Commerce pursuant to Section 2 of Article I of the Constitution of the United States and reported by the Secretary of Commerce to the Governor pursuant to 13 U. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.050
- Public body: means the State, county, city, town, school district or any public agency of this State or its political subdivisions sponsoring or financing a public work. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Public work: means any project for the new construction, repair or reconstruction of a project financed in whole or in part from public money for:
(a) Public buildings;
(b) Jails and prisons;
(c) Public roads;
(d) Public highways;
(e) Public streets and alleys;
(f) Public utilities;
(g) Publicly owned water mains and sewers;
(h) Public parks and playgrounds;
(i) Public convention facilities which are financed at least in part with public money; and
(j) All other publicly owned works and property. See Nevada Revised Statutes 338.010
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- State ceiling: has the meaning ascribed to it in 26 U. See Nevada Revised Statutes 348A.010
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Volume cap: has the meaning ascribed to it in 26 U. See Nevada Revised Statutes 348A.010