|Sales by Public Officers||113.010 – 113.020|
|Risks of Vendor and Purchaser (Uniform Act)||113.030 – 113.050|
|Required Disclosures||113.060 – 113.150|
Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 113
- Annuity: A periodic (usually annual) payment of a fixed sum of money for either the life of the recipient or for a fixed number of years. A series of payments under a contract from an insurance company, a trust company, or an individual. Annuity payments are made at regular intervals over a period of more than one full year.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- county: includes Carson City. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.033
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Draft: means a draft as defined in NRS 104. See Nevada Revised Statutes 104.4104
- Escrow: Money given to a third party to be held for payment until certain conditions are met.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Statute of limitations: A law that sets the time within which parties must take action to enforce their rights.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.