Terms Used In Nevada Revised Statutes > Chapter 656 > Certificates; Licenses; Fees
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Board: means the Certified Court Reporters" Board of Nevada. See Nevada Revised Statutes 656.030
- Business entity: means any form of business organization, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, limited-liability company or limited-liability partnership. See Nevada Revised Statutes 656.030
- Certificate: means a certified court reporter"s certificate issued under the provisions of this chapter. See Nevada Revised Statutes 656.030
- Certified court reporter: means a natural person who is technically qualified and registered under this chapter to practice court reporting. See Nevada Revised Statutes 656.030
- Court reporter: A person who makes a word-for-word record of what is said in court and produces a transcript of the proceedings upon request.
- Court reporting firm: means a business entity that, for compensation, provides or arranges for the services of a certified court reporter or provides referral services for certified court reporters in this State. See Nevada Revised Statutes 656.030
- Designated representative of a court reporting firm: means the natural person designated to act as the representative of a court reporting firm pursuant to NRS 656. See Nevada Revised Statutes 656.030
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- License: means a license issued under the provisions of this chapter to conduct business as a court reporting firm. See Nevada Revised Statutes 656.030
- Licensee: means a business entity to which a license has been issued. See Nevada Revised Statutes 656.030
- person: means a natural person, any form of business or social organization and any other nongovernmental legal entity including, but not limited to, a corporation, partnership, association, trust or unincorporated organization. See Nevada Revised Statutes 0.039
- Practice of court reporting: means reporting, in this State, by the use of voice writing or any system of manual or mechanical shorthand writing:
(a) Grand jury proceedings;
(b) Court proceedings, with the exception of proceedings before a federal court;
(c) Pretrial examinations, depositions, motions and related proceedings of like character; or
(d) Proceedings of any agency if the final decision of the agency with reference thereto is subject to judicial review. See Nevada Revised Statutes 656.030
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- Voice writing: means the making of a verbatim record of a proceeding by repeating the words of the speaker into a device that is capable of:
(a) Digitally translating the words into text; or
(b) Making a tape or digital recording of those words. See Nevada Revised Statutes 656.030