|508-B:1||Payment: Not to Imply Liability|
|508-B:2||Duty of Person Making Payment|
|508-B:3||Statute of Limitations Tolled by Failure to Provide Notice|
Terms Used In New Hampshire Revised Statutes > Chapter 508-B
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies corporate and politic as well as to individuals. See New Hampshire Revised Statutes 21:9
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Statute of limitations: A law that sets the time within which parties must take action to enforce their rights.