New Jersey Statutes > Title 45 > Chapter 16A – The State Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contracting License Law
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In New Jersey Statutes > Title 45 > Chapter 16A - The State Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contracting License Law
- certified mail: include private express carrier service, provided that the private express carrier service provides confirmation of mailing. See New Jersey Statutes 1:1-2
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: includes corporations, companies, associations, societies, firms, partnerships and joint stock companies as well as individuals, unless restricted by the context to an individual as distinguished from a corporate entity or specifically restricted to one or some of the above enumerated synonyms and, when used to designate the owner of property which may be the subject of an offense, includes this State, the United States, any other State of the United States as defined infra and any foreign country or government lawfully owning or possessing property within this State. See New Jersey Statutes 1:1-2
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- State: extends to and includes any State, territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia and the Canal Zone. See New Jersey Statutes 1:1-2
- sworn: includes "affirmed. See New Jersey Statutes 1:1-2