New Mexico Statutes > Chapter 30 > Article 45 – Computer Crimes
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 30-45-1||Short title|
|§ 30-45-3||Computer access with intent to defraud or embezzle|
|§ 30-45-4||Computer abuse|
|§ 30-45-5||Unauthorized computer use|
|§ 30-45-7||Forfeiture of property|
Terms Used In New Mexico Statutes > Chapter 30 > Article 45 - Computer Crimes
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Embezzlement: In most states, embezzlement is defined as theft/larceny of assets (money or property) by a person in a position of trust or responsibility over those assets. Embezzlement typically occurs in the employment and corporate settings. Source: OCC
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.