South Carolina Code > Title 16 > Chapter 16 – Computer Crime Act
Current as of: 2022 | Check for updates | Other versions
|§ 16-16-20||Computer crime offenses; penalties|
|§ 16-16-25||Compensatory damages and restitution|
|§ 16-16-40||Applicability of other criminal law provisions|
Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 16 > Chapter 16 - Computer Crime Act
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- department: means the South Carolina Department of Revenue. See South Carolina Code 12-2-10
- Personal property: All property that is not real property.
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.