|§ 30-51-1||Short title|
|§ 30-51-3||Reports filed with the department of public safety; criminal penalties|
|§ 30-51-4||Prohibited activity; criminal penalties; civil penalties|
|§ 30-51-5||Attorney fees; exception|
Terms Used In New Mexico Statutes > Chapter 30 > Article 51
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Intangible property: Property that has no intrinsic value, but is merely the evidence of value such as stock certificates, bonds, and promissory notes.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.