|61-15-2||Laundering through financial transactions|
|61-15-4||Distinguishing transactions for prosecution purposes|
Terms Used In West Virginia Code > Chapter 61 > Article 15
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Criminal activity: means a violation of:
(A) The felony provisions of section eleven, article forty-one, chapter thirty-three of this code. See West Virginia Code 61-15-1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Financial transaction: means a transaction which effects intrastate, interstate or foreign commerce, and:
(A) Involves the movement of funds by wire or other means. See West Virginia Code 61-15-1
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Knowing: means actual knowledge. See West Virginia Code 61-15-1
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Monetary instruments: means coin or currency of the United States or of any other country, travelers' checks, personal checks, bank checks, gift cards, prepaid credit cards, money orders, cryptocurrency, investment securities in bearer form or otherwise in such form that title thereto passes upon delivery, and negotiable instruments in bearer form or otherwise in such form that title thereto passes upon delivery. See West Virginia Code 61-15-1
- offense: includes every act or omission for which a fine, forfeiture or punishment is imposed by law. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
- personal property: include goods, chattels, real and personal, money, credits, investments and the evidences thereof. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
- Proceeds: means property or monetary instrument acquired or derived, directly or indirectly, from, produced through, realized through, or caused by an act or omission and includes property, real or personal, of any kind. See West Virginia Code 61-15-1
- Property: means anything of value, and includes any interest therein, including any benefit, . See West Virginia Code 61-15-1
- state: when applied to a part of the United States and not restricted by the context, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories, and the words "United States" also include the said district and territories. See West Virginia Code 2-2-10
- transaction: includes a deposit, withdrawal, transfer between accounts, exchange of currency, loan, extension of credit, purchase or sale of any stock, bond, certificate of deposit, or other monetary instrument, use of a safety deposit box, or any other payment, transfer, or delivery by, through or to a financial institution, by whatever means effected. See West Virginia Code 61-15-1