|§ 9801||Actions Against the Village|
|§ 9802||Liability of Villages in Certain Actions|
|§ 9803||Place of Trial of Actions and Proceedings Against Villages|
|§ 9804||Notice of Defects in Certain Actions|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Civil Practice Law and Rules > Article 98 - Actions Against Villages
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.