|§ 822||Workforce Participation Goals|
|§ 825||Powers and Responsibilities of the Division|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Executive > Article 28 - Workforce Diversity Program
- Contractor: shall mean an individual, a business enterprise, including a sole proprietorship, a partnership, a corporation, a not-for-profit corporation, or any other party to a state contract, or a bidder in conjunction with the award of a state contract or a proposed party to a state contract. See N.Y. Executive Law 821
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Department: shall mean the department of labor. See N.Y. Executive Law 821
- Director: shall mean the director of the division of minority and women's business development. See N.Y. Executive Law 821
- Disparity study: shall mean the most recent study of disparities between the utilization of minority group members and women in the performance of state contracts and the availability of minority group members and women to perform such work by the director pursuant to article fifteen-A of this chapter. See N.Y. Executive Law 821
- Division: shall mean the department of economic development's division of minority and women's business development. See N.Y. Executive Law 821
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- State agency: shall mean (a)(i) any state department, or (ii) any division, board, commission or bureau of any state department, or (iii) the state university of New York and the city university of New York, including all their constituent units except community colleges and the independent institutions operating statutory or contract colleges on behalf of the state, or (iv) a board, a majority of whose members are appointed by the governor or who serve by virtue of being state officers or employees as defined in subparagraph (i), (ii) or (iii) of paragraph (i) of subdivision one of section seventy-three of the public officers law. See N.Y. Executive Law 821
- State contract: shall mean : (a) a written agreement in excess of one hundred thousand dollars whereby a state agency is committed to expend or does expend funds for the acquisition, construction, demolition, replacement, major repair or renovation of real property and improvements thereon; and (b) a written agreement in excess of one hundred thousand dollars whereby the owner of a state assisted housing project is committed to expend or does expend funds for the acquisition, construction, demolition, replacement, major repair or renovation of real property and improvements thereon for such project. See N.Y. Executive Law 821
- Subcontractor: shall mean any individual or business enterprise that provides goods or services to any individual or business for use in the performance of a state contract, whether or not such goods or services are provided to a party to a state contract. See N.Y. Executive Law 821