|§ 372||Consumer Bill of Rights Regarding Tax Preparers|
Terms Used In New York Laws > General Business > Article 24-C
- Annual percentage rate: The cost of credit at a yearly rate. It is calculated in a standard way, taking the average compound interest rate over the term of the loan so borrowers can compare loans. Lenders are required by law to disclose a card account's APR. Source: FDIC
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Grantor: The person who establishes a trust and places property into it.
- Interest rate: The amount paid by a borrower to a lender in exchange for the use of the lender's money for a certain period of time. Interest is paid on loans or on debt instruments, such as notes or bonds, either at regular intervals or as part of a lump sum payment when the issue matures. Source: OCC
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Testator: A male person who leaves a will at death.