No person, firm, partnership, company or corporation shall operate a vending machine which dispenses tobacco products, herbal cigarettes or electronic cigarettes unless such machine is located: (a) in a bar as defined in subdivision one of section thirteen hundred ninety-nine-n of this chapter, or the bar area of a food service establishment with a valid, on-premises full liquor license; (b) in a private club; (c) in a tobacco business as defined in subdivision eight of section thirteen hundred ninety-nine-aa of this article; or (d) in a place of employment which has an insignificant portion of its regular workforce comprised of people under the age of twenty-one years and only in such locations that are not accessible to the general public; provided, however, that in such locations the vending machine is located in plain view and under the direct supervision and control of the person in charge of the location or his or her designated agent or employee.
Terms Used In N.Y. Public Health Law 1399-DD
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means a person, firm, company, corporation, partnership, sole proprietor, limited partnership or association. See N.Y. Public Health Law 1399-AA
- Private club: means an organization with no more than an insignificant portion of its membership comprised of people under the age of twenty-one years that regularly receives dues and/or payments from its members for the use of space, facilities and services. See N.Y. Public Health Law 1399-AA
- Tobacco business: means a sole proprietorship, corporation, limited liability company, partnership or other enterprise in which the primary activity is the sale, manufacture or promotion of tobacco, tobacco products and accessories, either at wholesale or retail, and in which the sale, manufacture or promotion of other products is merely incidental. See N.Y. Public Health Law 1399-AA