This Article shall not apply to:
(1) A farmer or group of farmers in the sale of fruits and vegetables produced by the farmer or group of farmers.
(2) A handler who pays at the time of purchase with United States cash currency or a cash equivalent, such as a money order, cashier’s check, wire transfer, electronic funds transfer, or PIN-based debit transaction, or a credit card.
(3) A restaurant.
(4) A retailer that sells fruits and vegetables to end-use consumers through retail establishments or food stands operated by the company, its affiliates, or subsidiaries. ?(2018-113, s. 1(b).)
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes 106-501.3
- Electronic funds transfer: The transfer of money between accounts by consumer electronic systems-such as automated teller machines (ATMs) and electronic payment of bills-rather than by check or cash. (Wire transfers, checks, drafts, and paper instruments do not fall into this category.) Source: OCC
- United States: shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3