|Part 1||State Aid||43-21-101 – 43-21-112|
|Part 2||Youth Advisory Council||43-21-201 – 43-21-204|
Terms Used In Tennessee Code > Title 43 > Chapter 21 - Fairs
- Agriculture: means :
(i) The land, buildings and machinery used in the commercial production of farm products and nursery stock. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Community fair: means a fair serving an area of less than an entire county, at which are exhibited, in a manner satisfactory to the commissioner of agriculture, with cash premiums being paid to the exhibitors thereof, agricultural products produced in the area served. See Tennessee Code 43-21-104
- County fair: means a fair serving an entire county. See Tennessee Code 43-21-104
- District fair: means a fair serving at least five (5) counties but less than an entire grand division of the state and paying not less than a minimum of seven thousand dollars ($7,000) in cash premiums. See Tennessee Code 43-21-104
- Division fair: means a fair serving a major region of the state and paying more than twenty thousand dollars ($20,000) in premiums. See Tennessee Code 43-21-104
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- signed: includes a mark, the name being written near the mark and witnessed, or any other symbol or methodology executed or adopted by a party with intention to authenticate a writing or record, regardless of being witnessed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105