The Board of Trustees shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) Approve benefit programs, as provided in G.S. 135-48.30(a)(2).
(2) Approve premium rates, co-pays, deductibles, and coinsurance percentages and maximums for the Plan, as provided in G.S. 135-48.30(a)(2).
(2a) Approve the benefit program, premium rates, co-pays, deductibles, and coinsurance percentages and maximums for the coverage offered under G.S. 135-48.40(e).
(3) Oversee administrative reviews and appeals, as provided in G.S. 135-48.24.
(4) Approve large contracts, as provided in G.S. 135-48.33(a).
(5) Consult with and advise the State Treasurer as required by this Article and as requested by the State Treasurer.
(6) Develop and maintain a strategic plan for the Plan. ?(2011-85, s. 2.10; 2012-173, s. 4(a); 2014-100, s. 35.16(b).)
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes 135-48.22
- Board of Trustees: shall mean the Board provided for in G. See North Carolina General Statutes 135-1
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of a statute, shall be construed to mean the section next preceding or next following that in which such reference is made; unless when some other section is expressly designated in such reference. See North Carolina General Statutes 15A-941
- Plan: includes all comprehensive health benefit plans offered under the Plan. See North Carolina General Statutes 135-48.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 15A-941