(a) Each member of the Board shall be entitled to receive travel and expense reimbursement as authorized by N.C. Gen. Stat. § 93B-5 for similar boards.
(b) All funds received by the Board under the provisions of this Chapter shall be deposited by the treasurer or such other officer or staff employee as the Board may designate in such depository and under such security as the Board may direct. All expenses incurred by the Board shall be paid out of funds derived from examination, licensing, renewal or other fees herein provided and shall be paid by the treasurer upon vouchers drawn by the secretary and approved by the president. The Board shall have the power to determine necessary expenses, and to fix the compensation for board employees and for professional services. The State of North Carolina shall not be liable for the compensation of any Board members or officers. Payment of expenses and salaries pursuant to administration of this Chapter may not exceed available funds of the Board. All Board receipts and disbursements shall be subject to audit and accounting procedures established by the State for similar boards.
(c) The Board shall have the power to acquire, hold, rent, encumber, alienate, and otherwise deal with real property in the same manner as a private person or corporation, subject only to approval of the Governor and the Council of State. Collateral pledged by the Board for an encumbrance shall be limited to the assets, income, and revenues of the Board. ?(1915, c. 270, s. 6; C.S., s. 4994; 1957, c. 794, s. 9; 1979, c. 871, s. 1; 2013-410, s. 31.)
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes 83A-3
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Board: The North Carolina Board of Architecture and Registered Interior Designers. See North Carolina General Statutes 83A-1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3