Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes > Chapter 115C > Article 24
- board: means a city board of education, county board of education, or a city-county board of education. See North Carolina General Statutes 115C-5
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- in writing: may be construed to include printing, engraving, lithographing, and any other mode of representing words and letters: Provided, that in all cases where a written signature is required by law, the same shall be in a proper handwriting, or in a proper mark. See North Carolina General Statutes 15A-941
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 15A-941
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Superintendent: means the superintendent of schools of a public school system or, in his absence, the person designated to fulfill his functions. See North Carolina General Statutes 115C-5
- United States: shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 15A-941