|§ 54-109.1||Definition and purposes|
|§ 54-109.2||Organization procedure|
|§ 54-109.3||Form of articles and bylaws|
|§ 54-109.5||Use of name exclusive|
|§ 54-109.6||Office facilities|
|§ 54-109.7||Conducting business outside this State|
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes > Chapter 54 > Article 14A
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- in writing: may be construed to include printing, engraving, lithographing, and any other mode of representing words and letters: Provided, that in all cases where a written signature is required by law, the same shall be in a proper handwriting, or in a proper mark. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3