Terms Used In New York Laws > Banking > Article 11-A
- Commissioner: shall mean the commissioner of consumer and worker protection. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- License: shall mean an authorization by the department of consumer and worker protection to carry on various activities within its jurisdiction, which may take the form of a license, permit, registration, certification or such other form as is designated under law, regulation or rule. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: shall mean a natural person or an organization. See N.Y. New York City Administrative Code 20-102
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.