|§ 95-229.5||Purpose; scope|
|§ 95-229.7||Prohibited activities|
|§ 95-229.8||Warning signs|
|§ 95-229.10||Precautionary safety arrangements|
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes > Chapter 95 > Article 19A
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: when used by way of reference to any section of a statute, shall be construed to mean the section next preceding or next following that in which such reference is made; unless when some other section is expressly designated in such reference. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- High-voltage line: means all aboveground electrical conductors of voltage in excess of 600 volts measured between conductor and ground. See North Carolina General Statutes 95-229.6
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means natural person, firm, business association, company, partnership, corporation, or other legal entity. See North Carolina General Statutes 95-229.6
- Person responsible for the work to be done: means the person performing or controlling the work that necessitates the precautionary safety measures required by this Article, unless the person performing or controlling the work is under contract or agreement with a governmental entity, in which case "person responsible for the work to be done" means that governmental entity. See North Carolina General Statutes 95-229.6
- property: shall include all property, both real and personal. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Warning sign: means a weather-resistant sign of not less than five inches by seven inches with at least two panels: a signal panel and a message panel. See North Carolina General Statutes 95-229.6