1. “Board” means the state board of pharmacy.
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 19-03.5-01
- Individual: means a human being. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
2. “Central repository” means a place where electronic data related to the prescribing and dispensing of controlled substances is collected.
3. “Controlled substance” means a drug, substance, or immediate precursor defined in section 19-03.1-01 and nonscheduled substances containing gabapentin.
4. “De-identified information” means health information that is not individually identifiable information because an expert has made that determination under title 45, Code of Federal Regulations, section 164.514 or direct identifiers and specified demographic information have been removed in accordance with the requirements of that section.
5. “Dispense” means to deliver a controlled substance to an ultimate user by or pursuant to the lawful order of a practitioner, including the prescribing, administering, packaging, labeling, or compounding necessary to prepare the substance for delivery.
6. “Dispenser” means an individual who delivers a controlled substance to the ultimate user but does not include a licensed hospital pharmacy that provides a controlled substance for the purpose of inpatient hospital care or a licensed health care practitioner or other authorized individual in those instances when the practitioner administers a controlled substance to a patient.
7. “Individually identifiable health information” has the meaning set forth in title 45, Code of Federal Regulations, section 160.103.
8. “Patient” means an individual or the owner of an animal who is the ultimate user of a controlled substance for whom a prescription is issued or for whom a controlled substance is dispensed.
9. “Prescriber” means an individual licensed, registered, or otherwise authorized by the jurisdiction in which the individual is practicing to prescribe drugs in the course of professional practice.
10. “Program” means the prescription drug monitoring program implemented under this chapter.