Nothing in this chapter requires a prescriber or dispenser to obtain information about a patient from the central repository prior to prescribing or dispensing a controlled substance. A prescriber, dispenser, or other health care practitioner may not be held liable in damages to any person in any civil action on the basis that the prescriber, dispenser, or other health care practitioner did or did not seek to obtain information from the central repository. Unless there is shown a lack of good faith, the board, any other state agency, a prescriber, dispenser, or any other individual in proper possession of information provided under this chapter may not be subject to any civil liability by reason of:
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 19-03.5-05
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Individual: means a human being. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Person: means an individual, organization, government, political subdivision, or government agency or instrumentality. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
1. The furnishing of information under the conditions provided in this chapter;
2. The receipt and use of, or reliance on, such information;
3. The fact that any such information was not furnished; or
4. The fact that such information was factually incorrect or was released by the board to the wrong person or entity.