Every tenant who receives notice of any proceeding to recover the real property occupied by the tenant, or the possession thereof, must:
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 47-16-25
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Property: includes property, real and personal. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
1. Inform the tenant’s landlord immediately of the notice; and
2. Deliver the notice to the landlord.
The tenant shall be responsible to the landlord for all damages which the landlord may sustain by reason of any omission by the tenant to inform the landlord of the notice or to deliver it to the landlord, if such notice is in writing. The attornment to a stranger is void unless made with the consent of the landlord or in consequence of a judgment of a court of competent jurisdiction.