A person may not use the name or logo of any bank, trust company, savings association, or savings bank or of an affiliate of such financial institution in connection with the sale, distribution, offer for sale, advertisement, or promotion of any product or service without first obtaining the written consent of the bank, trust company, savings association, savings bank, or affiliate. A person may not use the name or logo of a bank, trust company, savings association, savings bank, or affiliate in a manner that will make it difficult to understand or will mislead an individual about the source of origin, affiliation, or sponsorship of a product or service or about the true identity source of a communication regardless of the nature of the communication.
Terms Used In North Dakota Code 6-14-01
- Bank: means any national bank, national banking association, corporation, state bank, state banking association, or savings bank, whether organized under the laws of this state or of the United States, engaged in the business of banking. See North Dakota Code 6-01-02
- Financial institution: means any bank, industrial loan company, or savings and loan association organized under the laws of this state or of the United States. See North Dakota Code 6-01-02
- Individual: means a human being. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Person: means an individual, organization, government, political subdivision, or government agency or instrumentality. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- Trust company: means any corporation formed for the purpose of transacting business as an annuity, safe deposit, surety, or trust company. See North Dakota Code 6-01-02
- written: include "typewriting" and "typewritten" and "printing" and "printed" except in the case of signatures and when the words are used by way of contrast to typewriting and printing. See North Dakota Code 1-01-37