Terms Used In North Dakota Code > Chapter 15-07 - Sale and Lease of Nongrant Lands
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Mortgagor: The person who pledges property to a creditor as collateral for a loan and who receives the money.
- seal: includes an impression of such seal upon the paper alone as well as upon wax or a wafer affixed thereto. See North Dakota Code 1-01-38
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49