Terms Used In North Dakota Code > Chapter 32-27
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Person: means an individual, organization, government, political subdivision, or government agency or instrumentality. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- seal: includes an impression of such seal upon the paper alone as well as upon wax or a wafer affixed thereto. See North Dakota Code 1-01-38
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49
- United States: includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See North Dakota Code 1-01-49