Terms Used In Ohio Code 3302.16
- Community school: means a community school established under Chapter 3314. See Ohio Code 3302.01
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59
(1) As used in sections 3302.17 and 3302.18 of the Revised Code, “community learning center” means a school operated by a city, exempted village, or local school district or community school established under Chapter 3314. of the Revised Code that participates in a coordinated, community- based effort with community partners to provide comprehensive educational, developmental, family, and health services to students, families, and community members during school hours and hours in which school is not in session.
(2) For purposes of this section and sections 3302.17 and 3302.18 of the Revised Code, “community partner” means a provider to students, families, or community members of health care services, on-site resource coordinators, and any other services or programs determined appropriate by a school action team created under section 3302.18 of the Revised Code.
(B) Prior to providing health services to a student, a community learning center shall obtain The written consent of the student’s parent, guardian, or custodian, if the student is less than eighteen years old, or the written consent of the student, if the student is at least eighteen years old.
(C) A community learning center and any employee, contractor, or volunteer of a community learning center shall, in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws, maintain the confidentiality of patient-identifying information obtained in the course of providing health services.
Added by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 70, §1, eff. 10/15/2015.