(A) Except as provided in section 3795.03 of the Revised Code, no person shall knowingly cause another person to commit or attempt to commit suicide by doing either of the following:
Terms Used In Ohio Code 3795.04
- Another: when used to designate the owner of property which is the subject of an offense, includes not only natural persons but also every other owner of property. See Ohio Code 1.02
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Person: includes an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, and association. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Whoever: includes all persons, natural and artificial; partners; principals, agents, and employees; and all officials, public or private. See Ohio Code 1.02
(1) Providing the physical means by which the other person commits or attempts to commit suicide;
(2) Participating in a physical act by which the other person commits or attempts to commit suicide.
(B) Whoever violates division (A) of this section is guilty of assisting suicide, a felony of the third degree.
Added by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 470, §1, eff. 3/21/2017.