|§ 11-60-1||Legislative findings|
|§ 11-60-3||Prevention of assisted suicide|
|§ 11-60-4||Acts and omissions exempted|
|§ 11-60-5||Injunctive relief|
Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 11-60 - Assisted Suicide
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Licensed health care professional: means a physician, surgeon, podiatrist, osteopath, osteopathic physician and surgeon, physician assistant, nurse, nurse anesthetist, dentist, or pharmacist licensed pursuant to title 5. See Rhode Island General Laws 11-60-2
- person: extends to and includes co-partnerships and bodies corporate and politic. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-6
- Suicide: means the act or instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally. See Rhode Island General Laws 11-60-2