|§ 3795.01||Assisted suicide definitions|
|§ 3795.02||Declaring public policy of state – injunctions|
|§ 3795.04||Assisted suicide|
Terms Used In Ohio Code > Chapter 3795 - Assisted Suicide
- Another: when used to designate the owner of property which is the subject of an offense, includes not only natural persons but also every other owner of property. See Ohio Code 1.02
- Certified nurse practitioner: means an advanced practice registered nurse who holds a current, valid license issued under Chapter 4723. See Ohio Code 1.64
- Certified nurse-midwife: means an advanced practice registered nurse who holds a current, valid license issued under Chapter 4723. See Ohio Code 1.64
- Child: includes child by adoption. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Clinical nurse specialist: means an advanced practice registered nurse who holds a current, valid license issued under Chapter 4723. See Ohio Code 1.64
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Person: includes an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, and association. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Power of attorney: A written instrument which authorizes one person to act as another's agent or attorney. The power of attorney may be for a definite, specific act, or it may be general in nature. The terms of the written power of attorney may specify when it will expire. If not, the power of attorney usually expires when the person granting it dies. Source: OCC
- state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59
- Whoever: includes all persons, natural and artificial; partners; principals, agents, and employees; and all officials, public or private. See Ohio Code 1.02