(A) If the state board of pharmacy establishes and maintains a drug database pursuant to section 4729.75 of the Revised Code, each retail dispensary licensed under Chapter 3796. of the Revised Code by the board shall submit to the board the information regarding medical marijuana dispensed to a patient as specified by the board in rules adopted under section 4729.84 of the Revised Code.
Terms Used In Ohio Code 4729.771
- Drug: means :
(1) Any article recognized in the United States pharmacopoeia and national formulary, or any supplement to them, intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans or animals;
(2) Any other article intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans or animals;
(3) Any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or animals;
(4) Any article intended for use as a component of any article specified in division (E)(1), (2), or (3) of this section; but does not include devices or their components, parts, or accessories. See Ohio Code 4729.01
- state: means the state of Ohio. See Ohio Code 1.59
(1) The information shall be transmitted as specified by the board in rules adopted under section 4729.84 of the Revised Code.
(2) The information shall be submitted in accordance with any time limits specified by the board, except that the board may grant an extension if either of the following occurs:
(a) The retail dispensary’s transmission system suffers a mechanical or electronic failure or the retail dispensary cannot meet the deadline for other reasons beyond the dispensary’s control.
(b) The board is unable to receive electronic submissions.
(C) The information required to be submitted under division (A) of this section may be submitted on behalf of the retail dispensary by a delegate approved by that dispensary.
Added by 131st General Assembly File No. TBD, HB 523, §1, eff. 9/8/2016.