As used in this chapter, unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
Terms Used In Oregon Statutes 240.015
- Administrator: means the Administrator of the Personnel Division. See Oregon Statutes 240.015
- Appointing authority: means an officer or agency having power to make appointments to positions in the state service. See Oregon Statutes 240.015
- Board: means the Employment Relations Board. See Oregon Statutes 240.015
- state government: means the executive department, the judicial department and the legislative department. See Oregon Statutes 174.111
- State service: means all offices and positions in the employ of the state other than those of commissioned, warrant and enlisted personnel in the military and naval services thereof. See Oregon Statutes 240.015
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- United States: includes territories, outlying possessions and the District of Columbia. See Oregon Statutes 174.100
(1) ‘Administrator’ means the Administrator of the Personnel Division.
(2) ‘Appointing authority’ means an officer or agency having power to make appointments to positions in the state service.
(3) ‘Board’ means the Employment Relations Board.
(4) ‘Class’ or ‘classification’ means a group of positions in the state classified service sufficiently alike in duties, authority and responsibilities that the same qualifications may reasonably be required for, and the same schedule of pay can be equitably applied to, all positions in the group.
(5) ‘Division’ means, except in the phrase ‘division of the service,’ the Personnel Division referred to in ORS 240.055.
(6) ‘Division of the service’ means a state department or any division or branch thereof, any agency of the state government, or any branch of the state service, all the positions in which are under the same appointing authority.
(7) ‘Job-sharing position’ means a full-time position in the classified service that is classified as one that may be held by more than one individual on a shared time basis whereby the individuals holding the position work less than full-time.
(8) ‘Regular employee’ means an employee who has been appointed to a position in the classified service in accordance with this chapter after completing the trial service period.
(9) ‘State service’ means all offices and positions in the employ of the state other than those of commissioned, warrant and enlisted personnel in the military and naval services thereof. However, as provided in ORS 396.330, the term includes members of the Oregon National Guard or Oregon Civil Defense Force who are not serving pursuant to provisions of Title 10 or 32 of the United States Code and who are employed as state employees in the Oregon Military Department. [Amended by 1959 c.690 § 1; 1969 c.80 § 30; 1975 c.147 § 9; 1979 c.302 § 4; 1979 c.468 § 4a; 1995 c.114 § 1; 2005 c.22 § 182; 2017 c.472 § 2]