|Organization; General Functions and Enforcement Provisions|
|Furnishing Services and Materials On Credit|
|Seizure, Detention and Embargo Powers|
|New Crops Development Board|
Terms Used In Oregon Statutes > Chapter 561
- agricultural product: includes straw. See Oregon Statutes 174.102
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Board: means the State Board of Agriculture. See Oregon Statutes 561.005
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Department: means the Department of State Lands. See Oregon Statutes 274.005
- Department: means the State Department of Agriculture. See Oregon Statutes 561.005
- Director: means the Director of Agriculture. See Oregon Statutes 561.005
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Ex officio: Literally, by virtue of one's office.
- Foreclosure: A legal process in which property that is collateral or security for a loan may be sold to help repay the loan when the loan is in default. Source: OCC
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- Inter vivos: Transfer of property from one living person to another living person.
- Intestate: Dying without leaving a will.
- Land: includes water, water rights, easements of every nature and all appurtenances to land. See Oregon Statutes 274.005
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Testate: To die leaving a will.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.