|§ 12-18.1-1||Short title|
|§ 12-18.1-3||Court costs|
|§ 12-18.1-4||Deposit of and use of proceeds|
|§ 12-18.1-5||Report to governor and general assembly|
Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 12-18.1
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Nolo contendere: No contest-has the same effect as a plea of guilty, as far as the criminal sentence is concerned, but may not be considered as an admission of guilt for any other purpose.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.