|§ 12-32-2||Requirement for warrant|
|§ 12-32-5||Reporting requirements|
|§ 12-32-6||Immunity from liability|
Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 12-32
- Adverse result: means :
(i) Endangering the life or physical safety of an individual;
(ii) Flight from prosecution;
(iii) Destruction of, or tampering with, evidence;
(iv) Intimidation of potential witnesses; or
(v) Otherwise seriously jeopardizing an investigation or unduly delaying a trial. See Rhode Island General Laws 12-32-1
- Electronic device: means any device that enables access to, or use of, an electronic communication service (as defined in 18 U. See Rhode Island General Laws 12-32-1
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Location information: means any information concerning the location of an electronic device that, in whole or in part, is generated by, or derived from, the operation of that device. See Rhode Island General Laws 12-32-1
- Location information service: means a global positioning service or other mapping, locational, or directional information service. See Rhode Island General Laws 12-32-1
- person: extends to and includes co-partnerships and bodies corporate and politic. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-6
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.
- Service provider: means the provider of an electronic communications service, remote computing service, or location information service. See Rhode Island General Laws 12-32-1
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.