Terms Used In Rhode Island General Laws > Chapter 23-63 - Vehicle Tire Storage and Recycling
- Consumer: means an individual who purchases a vehicle tire for use, consumption, or any use other than resale;
(2) "Corporation" means the Rhode Island economic development corporation created and established pursuant to chapter 64 of title 42. See Rhode Island General Laws 23-63-1.1
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- in writing: include printing, engraving, lithographing, and photo-lithographing, and all other representations of words in letters of the usual form. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-16
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- person: extends to and includes co-partnerships and bodies corporate and politic. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-6
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Retailer: means every person in this state who is engaged in the sale of vehicle tires to consumers;
(4) "Rhode Island resource recovery corporation" means the Rhode Island resource recovery corporation created and established pursuant to chapter 19 of title 23. See Rhode Island General Laws 23-63-1.1
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- United States: include the several states and the territories of the United States. See Rhode Island General Laws 43-3-8
- Vehicle tire: means all tires used on motorized vehicles;
History of Section. See Rhode Island General Laws 23-63-1.1