|§ 2775||The Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome Institute|
|§ 2776||Powers and Duties|
|§ 2777||Research Council|
|§ 2778||Advisory Council|
|§ 2779||Reports by the Commissioner|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Public Health > Article 27-E
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Decedent: A deceased person.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Minority leader: See Floor Leaders
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.
- Statute of limitations: A law that sets the time within which parties must take action to enforce their rights.