(1) "Corporation" means a South Carolina business development corporation created pursuant to this chapter.
(2) "Area of operations" means the entirety of the areas that comprise Federal Reserve Districts Five and Six as the geographic area in which the corporation is authorized to transact business pursuant to this chapter.
(3) "Financial institution" means any banking corporation or trust company, building and loan association, insurance company or related corporation, partnership, foundation, federal or state agency, or other institution engaged primarily in lending or investing funds including, without limitation, the Small Business Administration, an agency of the United States Government.
(4) "Member" means a financial institution authorized to do business in this State which undertakes to lend money to a corporation created pursuant to this chapter, upon its call and as provided by this chapter.
(5) "Board of directors" means the board of directors of the corporation created pursuant to this chapter.
(6) "Loan call" means the right of the corporation to call for loans by the members to the corporation as provided in Section 33-37-460 of this chapter.
(7) "Loan call agreement" means the loan agreement between the corporation and its members describing the terms, conditions, and loan limits of the corporation’s right to make loan calls to its members.
(8) "Loan limit" means, for a member, the maximum amount subject to loan call at any one time by the corporation to the member as provided in the loan call agreement.