|§ 27-15-10||Leases; term limitations|
|§ 27-15-20||Formal requisites of lease|
|§ 27-15-30||Certain rights vested in lessees of Catawba Indians|
|§ 27-15-40||Grants to lessees of leased Catawba Indian lands|
|§ 27-15-50||Proceedings by lessee if lease be lost|
Terms Used In South Carolina Code > Title 27 > Chapter 15 - Catawba Indian Lands
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- property: as used in this Title , includes both real and personal property. See South Carolina Code 15-1-50
- real estate: as used in this Title are coextensive with lands, tenements and hereditaments. See South Carolina Code 15-1-30
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.