Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 34-20B-42
- controlled drug or substance: means a drug, substance, or immediate precursor in Schedules I through IV of §. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-20B-3
- Dispense: to deliver a controlled drug or substance to the ultimate user or human research subject by or pursuant to the lawful order of a practitioner, including the prescribing, administering, packaging, labeling, or compounding necessary to prepare the substance for such delivery, and a dispenser is one who dispenses. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-20B-1
- Distribute: to deliver a controlled drug, substance, or marijuana. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-20B-1
- drug: means :
. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-20B-2
- Manufacture: the production, preparation, propagation, compounding, or processing of a controlled drug or substance, either directly or indirectly by extraction from substances of natural origin, or independently by means of chemical synthesis or by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-20B-1
- Person: any corporation, association, limited liability company, partnership or one or more individuals. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-20B-1
No person who is a registrant shall manufacture, distribute, or dispense a controlled drug or substance not authorized by his registration to another registrant or other authorized person. A violation of this section may be punished by a civil fine of not more than ten thousand dollars. In addition, if the violation was done knowingly, it is a Class 5 felony.
Source: SL 1970, ch 229, § 10 (d) (2); SDCL Supp, § 39-17-98; SL 1977, ch 190, § 397.