Terms used in this chapter mean:
(1) “Board,” the Board of Minerals and Environment;
Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 34-44-1
- Person: includes natural persons, partnerships, associations, cooperative corporations, limited liability companies, and corporations. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
(2) “Asbestos contractor,” any person that undertakes an asbestos project, including inspections for asbestos – containing materials, prepares an asbestos management plan, or designs or carries out an asbestos abatement project;
(3) “Department,” Department of Environment and Natural Resources;
(4) “Trained worker,” any person who has successfully completed specified training in and can demonstrate knowledge of the health and safety aspects of working with asbestos;
(5) “Worker,” an employee or agent of an asbestos contractor or facility owner or operator who has minimal awareness training.
Source: SL 1988, ch 284, § 1; SL 1990, ch 280, § 1; SL 1991, ch 17 (Ex. Ord. 91-4), § 17.