Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 34-44-1
- Person: includes natural persons, partnerships, associations, cooperative corporations, limited liability companies, and corporations. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
Terms used in this chapter mean:
(1) “Board,” the Board of Minerals and Environment;
(2) “Asbestos contractor,” any person that undertakes an asbestos project, including inspections for asbestos-containing materials, prepares an asbestos management plan, or designs or carries out an asbestos abatement project;
(3) “Department,” Department of Environment and Natural Resources;
(4) “Trained worker,” any person who has successfully completed specified training in and can demonstrate knowledge of the health and safety aspects of working with asbestos;
(5) “Worker,” an employee or agent of an asbestos contractor or facility owner or operator who has minimal awareness training.