For the purpose of this chapter, “school building” includes any of the following:
(1) Any structure suitable for use as a classroom, including a school facility such as a laboratory, library, school eating facility, or facility used for the preparation of food;
(2) Any gymnasium or other facility which is specially designed for athletic or recreational activities for an academic course in physical education;
(3) Any other facility used for the instruction or housing of students or for the administration of educational or research programs;
(4) Any maintenance, storage, or utility facility, including any hallway, essential to the operation of any facility described in this section;
(5) Any portico or covered exterior hallway or walkway of a facility described in this section;
(6) Any exterior portion of a mechanical system used to condition interior space of a facility described in this section.
Source: SL 1988, ch 284, § 1A.