Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 34-44-10
- Asbestos contractor: any person that undertakes an asbestos project, including inspections for asbestos-containing materials, prepares an asbestos management plan, or designs or carries out an asbestos abatement project. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-44-1
- Department: Department of Environment and Natural Resources. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-44-1
- State: the State of South Dakota. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
The department shall issue an asbestos abatement certificate to any asbestos contractor who:
(1) Successfully completes an approved training course;
(2) Demonstrates that each of his workers who works on or is directly responsible for an asbestos abatement project is certified under §§ 34-44-13 and 34-44-14 as appropriate;
(3) Certifies that he has read, understands and shall comply with the applicable state and federal rules on asbestos abatement.