Terms Used In South Dakota Codified Laws 34-44-13
- Day: the period from midnight to midnight. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
- Department: Department of Environment and Natural Resources. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-44-1
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Person: includes natural persons, partnerships, associations, cooperative corporations, limited liability companies, and corporations. See South Dakota Codified Laws 2-14-2
- Worker: an employee or agent of an asbestos contractor or facility owner or operator who has minimal awareness training. See South Dakota Codified Laws 34-44-1
No worker may work on an asbestos abatement project unless the person holds a certificate issued by the department. A violation of this section is a Class 1 misdemeanor. Any person who violates this section is also subject to a civil penalty not to exceed one thousand dollars per day of violation.