- In any county in this state where the names of prospective jurors are obtained by automated means pursuant to § 22-2-301, the selection of names of prospective jurors to be summoned shall likewise be made by automated means in such a manner as to assure proportionate distribution of names selected without opportunity for the intervention of any human agency to select a particular name and in a manner that causes no prejudice to any person. It is the duty of the presiding judge of the judicial district to notify the jury coordinator of the number of names to be selected from the jury list, and these names shall constitute the jury pool.
- When the required number of names have been selected for the jury pool, the jury coordinator shall place a list of those names in an envelope, and with the list shall be enclosed a report prepared and signed by the jury coordinator. A copy of the list and report shall be retained by the jury coordinator for use under the provisions of this chapter, and the report shall provide substantially as follows:
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 22-2-304
- Person: includes a corporation, firm, company or association. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- signed: includes a mark, the name being written near the mark and witnessed, or any other symbol or methodology executed or adopted by a party with intention to authenticate a writing or record, regardless of being witnessed. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
To the HonorableÂ , Presiding Judge of theÂ Judicial District, atÂ County:
I,Â , the jury coordinator for such county, report that the enclosed names, which have been drawn according to law, constitute the jury pool for the upcoming jury service term:
This theÂ day ofÂ ,Â .