- The department of education is designated the state board for career and technical education and, as such, is authorized and empowered to accept on behalf of the state all acts of congress pertaining to career and technical education.
- The state board for career and technical education is designated the sole agency of the state for administering career and technical education programs in cooperation with LEAs and the federal government and its agencies and is authorized and empowered to make agreements with the federal government and local governmental units that may be deemed necessary to participate in federal career and technical education funding.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the several territories of the United States. See Tennessee Code 1-3-105
- The state board for career and technical education shall develop policies and guidelines for cooperative career and technical training programs that provide school-supervised and school-administered work experience and career exploration for students. The policies and guidelines shall comply with all state laws and federal laws and regulations concerning the employment of minors, but shall not be more restrictive concerning the employment of minors than those laws and regulations.
Terms Used In Tennessee Code 49-11-101
- Notwithstanding any other law to the contrary, the board of regents is solely responsible for administering career and technical programs in the colleges governed by the board of regents, and is authorized and empowered to make agreements with the federal government and local government units that may be deemed necessary to participate in career and technical funding programs for which the department of education has not been designated as the sole state agency authorized to receive federal funds.