(a) Any person owning any lands, ingress or egress to and from which is cut off or obstructed entirely from a public road or highway by the intervening lands of another, or who has no adequate and convenient outlet from the lands to a public road in the state, by reason of the intervening lands of another, is given the right to have an easement or right-of-way condemned and set aside for the benefit of the lands over and across the intervening lands or property.

(b) The chancery and circuit courts and county courts, the latter acting by and through the county mayor, are given concurrent jurisdiction in such matters.

(c) As many different owners of lands as may be cut off or obstructed or deprived of adequate and convenient outlets may join together against any number of different owners of intervening lands as wish to have the easement or right-of-way so condemned and set aside to them over the intervening property, and the joining shall not make the proceedings multifarious.

[Acts 1921, ch. 75, § 1; Shan. Supp., § 1634a1; Code 1932, § 2746; impl. am. Acts 1978, ch. 934, §§ 7, 16, 36; T.C.A. (orig. ed.), § 54-1902; Acts 2003, ch. 90, § 2.]